Staff Training & Development Policy
Eaglesford Security Services is fully committed to ensuring that all staff has the relevant knowledge, skills and expertise to perform their work to consistently high standards and to achieve their full potential. We recognize that the training and development of our staff is fundamental to the improvement of our operational performance and the achievement of our strategy and goals.
EaglesFord Security Services will therefore strive to make training and development an integral part of our operations and to follow a continuous process of appraisal, training and development.
Scope of this policy
This policy applies to all staff of Eaglesford irrespective of their employment status, function, grade or location. In accordance with the organization’s Equality and Diversity Policy, all staff are treated equally in the provision of training and development opportunities and are provided with equal access to training and development opportunities relevant to their needs.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director to:
- identify and consider training and development as an integral part of the business planning.
- ensure that the training and development needs of all staff are assessed and provided for.
- agree and identify appropriate and cost-effective training and development solutions.
- evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of training and development.
- monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of this policy.
All staff is responsible for:
- identifying their own training and development needs and bringing these to the attention of their line manager
- undertaking training and development activities which will enable them to perform their work efficiently and effectively
- managing their own learning and professional updating
Review and monitoring
Overall responsibility for the operation of this policy lies with the Management committee and will be monitored on an annual basis. The training needs of their staff. Training and development needs once identified will be collated centrally and priorities assessed.
All training and development activities must be approved in writing, in advance by a line manager.
The Management Committee will determine the annual budget available and formulate a strategy for the deployment of available resources.
All new staff will receive appropriate induction training. This will include the identification of appropriate training and development needs.
Health and safety training
All staff will be given adequate health and safety training, including information on emergency procedures, before they start work. The need for health and safety training will be reassessed on a regular basis and in particular when there has been a change in operating procedures.
Retraining and/or refresher training will be provided whenever necessary.
Evaluating training and development
All training and development activities will be evaluated.
At organization level, the Management Committee will be responsible for evaluating all training and development activities against the business strategy and goals on annual basis.